Wednesday, August 4, 2010


Higher and Higher


I am convinced and comforted by my deep faith in things spiritual.

I believe we all have a spirit of God within.
I believe that this same spirit is eternal, like the Creator.
It resides in all of us.
Effortlessly.
Breathing. In and Out.
Providing Inspiration.
Providing Companionship and Guidance.

Believing in God has its benefits.
It assumes intelligently or ignorantly,
That That which we are part of is the Eternal Source of All That Is.
And being naturally... at One with the Source,
we are immortal.

I came to know all this through Faith.

A very difficult path, Faith is.

Believing without Seeing.

Trusting without Proof.

And so it is.

I believe Eric indeed had a spiritual fragment of God within him.
And, as a part of God's creation, he is also beautifully eternal.

Regardless of Eric's own beliefs in God or non-belief in God.

I am comforted in having a deep and honest understanding
that Eric has preceded us in the greatest adventure of time,
...the Quest
for Truth, Beauty and Goodness.
...even for God.

For now we also can also be comforted by our gentle memories
of Eric as friend, lover, sibling or son.

It's difficult now.

Eric is more in my mind at the moment than when he was alive.
But that helps light the flame of awareness about him.
Which will help to Illuminate his Way.

Even if you don't believe in God and Eternal Life as I do.
Grant me a moment of your suspension of belief and believe with me.

Be Here Now!
And know that Eric would want us to be happy
...and not fretting too much about him.

He would want us to celebrate our own lives
with graciousness and appreciation,
and raise a toast to him as occasion suggests.

Om Mani Padme Hum!
(Oh Hail to the One Born in the Lotus!)

-rm

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Eric shared many thoughts with me about humans as spiritual beings. He was full of energy and interesting ideas. I will miss the many conversations that I had hoped to have with him as it was the highlight of my week to get to spend time on his deck with him.

Post a Comment